Thursday, November 29, 2012

A High School English Teacher

I subbed in a brand new school today.
The place was huge.  After the secretary took me to my classroom, I was worried that I would never find my way back to the office.  I also had to take the kids down to the library for my first class.  Since I had no idea where that was, and I didn't want to show weakness, I just said, "alright guys, let's head to the library."  Then followed them.  By the end of the class period, I was concerned that I might not be able to find my way back to the classroom.

During my first class, while I was in the middle of taking attendance, a  student yelled out, "do you believe in Bigfoot?"
Later in the same class I was treated to, "if you could be any animal, what would you be?"


Lastly, for all you "real" teachers out there, please heed these words of wisdom from a friend of mine subbing in Alaska:
Worst thing a teacher can do to a sub? Only provide thirty minutes of work for an hour and twenty minute class.

2 comments:

  1. "..provide (only) thirty minutes of work for an hour and twenty minute class"

    True Dat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...do you believe in Bigfoot?"

    My usual response to something like that would be:
    "I don't know? Just how big ARE your feet?"

    ReplyDelete