Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Sixth Grade Teacher

I subbed today for a 6th grade teacher.  I had all the major subjects: math, science, social studies, language arts.

The teacher had an exercise machine placed directly behind the main podium.  My first thought when I saw it was, "whoa, I'm not touching that thing."  The kids said that the teacher uses it all the time when they're working.  A few hours later, as the kids were working quietly, and I was getting kinda bored, the thought turned to, "well... maybe I'll just stand on it and see what happens."  What happened was, my feet flew out in front of me and I was nearly thrown backwards into the computers behind it.  Lucky for me I caught myself.  Needless to say, the "working quietly" was quickly replaced by "laughing hysterically at my expense."
I know this will make a great story for their regular teacher tomorrow...

The Deathtrap

No comments:

Post a Comment